Thursday, June 7, 2012

Rubbish and the World

My world history kids are wrapping up their paper and digital reports on how the world impacts them.  One interesting way I might do it is by showing them the picture above from the Economist on where we create our most trash as a thought provoking exercise of why and where and what that reflects on those countries.  No surprises - the US leads the way and interestingly (not in the article) my own state is the second leading importer of it (after NJ).  Thanks to a G+ post from Larry Ferlazzo for it. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post, Ken, It's a great map.
I also have students reflect on the waste element of our economic system. I use the art of Chris Jordan. It's powerful.
http://www.chrisjordan.com/gallery/intolerable/#crushed%20cars%202%20%2044x62