Wednesday, April 3, 2013

World HIstory I Review

So it is about time that I put up some review assignments.  I wish I knew who to credit for the two I am posting now, but the minute I became dept chair I created a digital folder for all of our subjects and it has been added to and used by all of that no one could rightfully claim credit.

So in VA our state exam is called the Standards of Learning (yes that is SOL for short and no the Board of Ed was not thinking when.  This then is a tremendous review of everything from pre-history through the Renaissance.  It has pictures, maps, everything.

So how do you make it work to get kids to read the material.   Well our CLT today decided we will break it into parts and then have the kids work on these 150 multiple choice questions.

By the way if you want to get lots of multiple choice questions the best place is the NY Regents that seems able to power out two different tests each year in each subject.  Here is the most recent WHI and WHII for VA which, in 15 years, has only released two sets of tests! 

No comments: