We work with timelines a lot in world history. Getting students to put events in chronological order and understand the causal relationship between them is an important skill.
Sutori, the company that bought Hstry Timelines, provides a terrific medium for making these timelines. Students can import images, weblinks, and videos with relative ease.
My World Religion students worked with Sutori last week developing a timeline of Siddhartha Gautama's life and the development of early Buddhism. Within sixty minutes, most had created a visually pleasing and accurate timeline.
Here's how it works.
- Create a free teacher account with your name and a password.
- Next, create a class and give it a name.
- Sutori generates a code for your class.
- Provide your students with the weblink to your class and code.
- Students then log in with a user name and password.
Here's a link to Sutori's help site.
Here's a link to one of the timelines one of my students made on the life of Siddhartha.