- Flipgrid is a website that allows teachers to create grids of discussion questions that students respond to by recording a short video using their smartphone. Each grid is like a message board and the student's 90 second responses appear on the grid as a series of tiles.
Questions are short prompts and can include links to websites.
You can keep a completed grid private or you can make it available for your students to view.
Here's a link to instructions on how to use Flipgrid.
- Flipgrid One is free. You get one grid and as many topics as you want
- Flipgrid Classroom costs $65 a year and it gives you unlimited grids and responses.
- You might use Flipgrid at the beginning of the year and ask students to introduce themselves to the class. And it might give us teachers an easy way to match faces with names.
- Debate a topic or show what you know
- Could use as an exit ticket