Good travel books tell us a lot about the rich Muslim tradition and a lot of great history!
Tim Mackintosh-Smith, a British, Yemen-based writer and lecturer put together five travel books that we might consider.
- The Travels of Ibn Battutah by Ibn Battutah (edited by Tim Mackintosh-Smith)
- The Road to Oxiana by Robert Byron
- A Year Amongst the Persians by Edward G Browne
- The Sindbad Voyage by Tim Severin
- Night and Horses and the Desert by Robert Irwin (editor)
Mackinstosh-Smith reviews each of the books here and explains what makes a good travel writer.